Friday, September 10, 2004

Crazy like a FOX...

Not a whole lot of time to post today, but I thought I'd mention a documentary I watched last night and would recommend to anyone wanting to see some of the possible pitfalls of having too much power in the hands of a few media companies.

Produced by MoveOn.org, OUTFOXED talks about the Right-wing biased news organization that is the Fox News channel.

I guess some people, who've been duped by the talk of a liberal bias (which doesn't make much sense to me since liberal = open minded, so how could that be a bias...) would say that it is only fair to have a right-leaning news channel. However, since they do claim to be "Fair and Balanced" you might have some expectation that they present objective coverage.

What I'd love to see is a comparison of Fox News vs. some the other cable news networks such as CNN and MSNBC (and even the broadcast channel's international news divisions), just to make sure that this is just a Fox News affliction.

All-in-all, I think it is a worthwhile use of your time to pick up this DVD if you care about objectivity in your news coverage.

Until next time...

-Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home