Tuesday, September 21, 2004

...and now for something completely different...

If y'all will let me rant about something a bit outside the charter of my blog...

What, pray tell, could possibly possess someone to think that reading a newspaper and driving is a good idea?

I'm not talking about at a traffic light or with no one in front of him...this was a guy in a mid-90's Ford Explorer (it just had to be an SUV, didn't it?), at least 50mph and maybe 3 car lengths off the bumper of the car in front of him.

I guess I should be happy he was holding the paper slightly to the side so I could depend on his highly honed peripheral vision for the task of piloting his 4500 pound vehicle.

Okay, repeat after me, "driving is a skill, driving is a privilege, I will pay proper attention to what I am doing behind the wheel, I will respect others around me enough to not put them at undue risk of being smashed into by my vehicle" - repeat until it sinks in.

Until next time.

-Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home